Filter needed based on destination MAC address

Hi,

I use LPC 2468 and Keil IDE for development.

Iam trying to set up different filters using multicast MAC addresses. The communication architecture requires that the microcontroller receives only selective multicast addresses.

I understand that I will have to implement the software filtering in addition.

My ethernet MAC address is only 6 bytes whereas the Hash filter register has 8 bytes space.

I have gone through the user manual but there is no guideline on how to arrive at setting selective bits in the HASH FILTERH and HASH FILTERL based on the MAC address.

My requirement is that the first four bytes are constant. I need to set up the filter to selectively receive based on fifth and sixth byte of the destination address of the received ethernet frame.

(Is it possible to be changed at run time?)

If i intend to receive 0x00 0x01 to 0x01 0xFF for the fifth and sixth bytes, how do i set up the HASH register accordingly?

I want to know, How to do set up multicast Hash filter (imperfect) based on destination MAC for selective filtering of received ethernet messages?

Pls help.

with Thanks, vivek

Reply to
gvivek2004

there was one function available on the user manual to calculate CRC. But how do i proceed further. How do i calculate hash index? How to take a decision whether to set it or clear it?

Is it chip specific???

-vivek

Reply to
gvivek2004