File system requirements for SD and MMC cards?

Hi all,

 I would like to use SD and MMC cards on an ARM evaluation board with
AMX os. What are the requirements that a file system should have to
support these devices? for eg:ECC calculation, Multivolume., etc. are
these any special features which they have to support?(for eg., to
support a NAND flash, the file system should support Bad block
management).

Thank you
Kaushik

Re: File system requirements for SD and MMC cards?

Absolutely not true, you are mixing up physical format and logical
format issues.

There is no intrinsic reason why a NAND filesystem needs to support bad
blocks. The physical layer driver could map them out if it wants to.

Re: File system requirements for SD and MMC cards?

nope, but writing only once in a while would be nice

--
I really have no idea what this means. And since I can't install linux on
it, I'm gonna go back to surfing pr0n.