file open

HI all,

I an designing an application in C++. i want to open file requested by end user but i want to reflect an error to user if file is already opened by some other application.. will anybody tell me that how to know that the file is already open or closed..

any help is highly appreciated...

thanks, Munish Nayyar emanshu "IM"

Reply to
munish.nr

Woukd be nice to know some details: operating system, processor, file system type...

Regards, Kurt

--
Kurt Harders
PiN -Präsenz im Netz GITmbH