Few questions on embedded stuff

Andreas Hadler wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I never tried to reprogram it, and did toss it out shortly afterwards, but, at the time it was plugged in, it already contained our executable, and when turned around, it did function, including passing the crc test of the executable image.

--
Richard
Reply to

[...]

You're right. More usual is an alpha particle, but I wanted to sidestep the issue of packaging material choices (e.g. solderless parts with less lead).

I put a part backwards into my programmer and enjoyed the brief purplish glow of sunset from behind the tiny erase window in my otherwise windowless lab. Thank you for putting the sunshine in. ;-)

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset

To quote from that page:

capacitor,

What does "4-digit improvement in soft error rate" mean? Failure rate

1/3000 of comparison RAM? What is the approximate failure rate of conventional uncorrected SRAM? of the new technology? At what flux is SRAM immune to radiation errors? What is the safety margin with respect to normal background radiation? How does this compare to memories with larger processes (not just previous 0.13 um)?

Thad

Reply to
Thad Smith