FAT File System module Implementation in an embedded host

HI ALL!!!

I would like to be advised how this link helps..

It actually leads to a discuusion on a FAT File System Module that can be implemented in an embedded host..

What we wanna do is use a PIC18F4550 and a MAX3421E usb host controller and create a device that can perform file transfer between two USB mass storage devices..

I hope I could get a help from you.. I wanna know how to use this source codes for our project..

Reply to
urefowei

Interesting idea but MAX3421E is Full Speed, ie. 12Mbps, so it will be excruciatingly slow: a 10GB transfer will take 2 hours. If you still think it makes sense, then just compile the C FAT code into your PIC (they claim someone already did that), write the routines that get the data blocks over SPI from the MAX, write the user interface to navigate the files on source and destination, and you're done.

--
		Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D.
Reply to

controller

mass

Right now, our concern is to transfer data, speed is not at most importance.. Chan did a code sample for PIC and used MMC but is intended for PIC24, we use PIC18F4550 and USB Mass storage device..

Any idea Sir??

Reply to
urefowei