Fastest AVR simulators?

I am looking for the fastest commercial and free AVR simulators. By
fastest, I mean, executes AVR programs in the shortest amount of time.

I have looked at Simulavr, Atemu, and Avrora, but I have not yet run
benchmarks on any, yet. Does anyone have suggestions as to which are
the best/fastest AVR simulators out there?

Also, does anyone know of a reasonable set of C or assembly language
benchmarks that are suitable for AVR? I don't have access to SPEC, and
most C benchmarks that I find take too much memory or code space to
fit onto AVR. I have taken to using cut-down versions of Livermore
loops, but as of yet I don't feel that I have amassed a decent
benchmarking suite.

Thanks for any help!

Site Timeline