Faster than TI C2000?

Not really. Just an oven or a heat gun, with some care and patience.

LabView is rubbish, no doubt. However NI supplies the dll drivers callable from C++.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Not really. Just an oven or a heat gun, with some care and patience.

LabView is rubbish, no doubt. However NI supplies the dll drivers callable from C++.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

This is wrong.

This is also wrong :) Blackfin is neither media oriented no low power.

Both statements are just the marketing hype.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

TI are sampling the F28335, I see that claims 6 DMA channels, and a 150ps PWM output precision, so you could see if it offers anything more ?

If you can still pack all you need into a single chip DSC, then that is the best solution. When you out-grow that, the choices are Multiple DSC, or DSC+FPGA, or even DSC+DSC+FPGA

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

The Freescale MPC5567 has a 32 channel eTPU, a 24 channel eMIOS, a 32 channel eDMA, and a 132 MHz 32-bit core.

-Dave-

Reply to
DaveT

Holy moly, those are some complicated peripherals! Perhaps I am wrong, there are some more powerful peripheral sets out there. Though I have no idea what all that stuff does. It seems TPUs are processors themselves. I should look into what they do...

The new SHARCs have a bit more in the way of waveform generation than I realized the last time I looked.

Well there are certainly a lot of options then for more power, when and if I need it. Seems like Blackfin, SHARC, and

One problem with all these vendors is it can be awfully time consuming to wade through all their families and devices to find out just what features they have. It would be nice if there were some better way to converge toward the device with the right features. I love when there are 10 different ways to link to the same device...

--
Good day!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to