Faster for() loops?

Another idiot for the bozo bin. Man, comp.arch.embedded is coming off WAY worse than I would have expected. Starting to think about just filtering out X-posts to that group.

Brian

Reply to
Default User

I think this is a very personal experience related thing. My experience for example it the opposite of yours. I developed cost sensitive high volume products for nearly 20 years and not once was throwing hardare at it a viable solution. We used C twice and both times had to go in and make significant changes to reduce code size. However, this was not so much the fault of C itself or the compilers, we had assumed software engineers from another department who were 'brought up' on C were capable of writing space efficient code. Thereafter we wrote everything in assembler.

At one million units, a saving of 20 cents is $200K. That buys a lot of engineering time.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Get your priorities straight, friend.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends! Some people started posting to it, not knowing what it was, and they'll be posting forever just because...

Sorry. Last post, promised. :-)

S.

Reply to
Skarmander

You don't get it, eh. Nobody knowledgable is reading this. Last message before plonk.

Groetjes Albert

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Albert van der Horst

I think you don't get it. You are an anal retent.

You'll find this on the google archives, I'm sure. Otherwise, why bother to make the post, plonker.

Reply to
Joe Butler

I liked you until I got to the end.

--