EZUSB FX2LP transfer speed

Hi out there,

I still try to speed up my little curcuit that contains a CY68013A FX2LP Chip. I am able to transfer 3,5 Mb/s without any external memory. I want to transfer data with even higher speeds and want to extend memory for this. So can anyone explain which memory buffers I have to enlarge to reach higher transfer rates? Do I have to use bigger endpoint buffers? I am reading data from the GPIF and the read FIFOs are up to 1 kB using EP6 buffers. So is it neccessary to use bigger FIFOs to transfer data faster than now? I don't know what to do to and so maybe you can help me...

Lot of thanks

Christian

Reply to
mail

Christian,

When you request/transfer data you should request large sizes ~30Kbytes, and the host will break the request/transfer into wMaxPacketSize chunks (use 512 bytes). Quad buffering the endpoint is usually faster. You should be able to get around 30Mbytes/sec. I assume your IFCLK is running at 48MHz, if not make it 48MHz. Usually the bottleck is the USB requests on the host computer, not the FX2.

Lloyd

snipped-for-privacy@cgrobi.de wrote:

Reply to
nfirtaps

Please don't top-post. See the following links:

--
 Some informative links:
Reply to

However, I was under the impression that if the FX2 is not ready with buffers when the host returns the host will not try again until the next phase. Which, in my case results in a 5MB/sec transfers in USB2.0. Is that correct?

Reply to
Elan Magavi

A great deal of the noise in this newsgroup is made up of etiquette reminders like this. Perhaps you ought to mail them personally or give up your quest. I for one rarely open your posts anymore because they are quite often gnat-like etiquette remonders. When you do offer relevant responses they are very well informed and useful and based on expertise.

Reply to
Elan Magavi

I admit to not knowing fully how the host works with requests, but when you request 30K it seems to wait until the FX2 fills the buffer or timeout occurs, whichever comes first. Not totally sure on this however, I think that is the case.

Reply to
nfirtaps

Yes. I think you are correct there.

Reply to