EZ-USB FX2

I need to implement a  data logging device with a high-speed (480Mb/s)
USB 2.0 to the host. I'm considering the Cypress EZ-USB FX2. Any one
got any experience with this device ? Does it deliver ? Does the
software driver work out of the box ?. Any feedback good or bad
appreciated.

Thanks

Re: EZ-USB FX2

I have experience with the Netchip chips.  (1.1 and 2.0, www.netchip.com)

Very easy, very fast, and never any problems in the field.  The sample
firmware and driver code is fairly simple to modify and get working.  I've
done it on coldfire and Altera Nios, but they have appnotes for 20+ chips.
They are all basically the same and easy to follow.  I like the fact that
the firmware is written on your processor so you know how to compile and
debug already.  If you can spring for their devkit, then you have a working
example to go by that you can step through in the Visual Studio debugger.

Most of all the tech support is responsive when you're getting started.  I
think Netchip is not too big and not too small - just right for an engineer
working alone or in a small group.

Ken

Re: EZ-USB FX2
I'm currently working with the FX2 Dev Board CY3681.
I'm quite pleased with the performance and ease of use.
The Tech Support cypress delivers is excelent.
Cypress delivers the kit with the default sample driver and a jungo
driver kit.

If you only need to log out data you probably can use the default sample
driver. Also the debugging features given by the supplied KEIL (demo)
software are very good.

Erick

Erick van Rijk
Networked Embedded Systems
Re: EZ-USB FX2
Ken,

Do you know who distributes the netchips in the US? I prefer distributors
with easy online ordering and I'm only interested in very small quantities.

Thanks,
-- Georgi

working
engineer

Re: EZ-USB FX2
Hi Georgi,

I don't do purchasing, but I think we either call Netchip directly or deal
with a distributor called LogicOne (sp?)

If you can't find it, private email me and I'll ask our buyer.

Ken

quantities.
www.netchip.com)
I've