External mains fail DC battery Backup

We have a product that works from 7 to 12V DC at 100mA. One of our customers has asked us to supply him with battery back up for say 4 hours in the event of a power failure. I cannot find anything that suits apart from a UPS. Does anybody know of anybody that makes such a thing. Maybe has 9V DC power in wchich trickle charges a battery and also supplies load till power fails etc. I could make one but would rather buy of the shelf Thanks

Steve Jones

Reply to
Stephen Jones

If your product can handle 13.6 V, buy an off-the-shelf Lead-acid charger module from Farnell or so and one of those small Dryfit lead-acid gel batteries. You can leave them om the charger, running on the float-voltage, and feed your device from it.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang