Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Hello embedded people!

We have a new project that may require operation at perhaps
105`C. This is well above what I am used to working with, so I have
not paid much attention to "extended" temperature range parts. Now I
need to find some!

I am looking for suggestions for microcontrollers. Would prefer
something modern and C (gcc) friendly, like e.g. the LPC2100 series I
was going to use...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

John Devereux

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Anything rated as "automotive" will do the job.. usually 125 degrees Celsius

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Zilog have a lot of 105'C rated devices, and if you google for
Automotive "ARM microcontroller" you get many hits...
Philips have Automotive rated ARMs
-jg

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Well I get lots of hits for microcontrollers for "automotive"
applications, but most of these don't seem to mean for "automotive"
*temperatures*!

I do see some 105`C parts that I missed before: LPC2194 and
LPC2294. On reflection I think I need 115`C or 125`C (if such exist),
since there will be a temperature differential between the inside and
outside of the product :(

Thanks,

--

John Devereux

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?
Hi John,

the LPC2294 and the LPC2194, which have the same block diagram except
the 2294 has an external bus, are both specified for -40/125C without
speed penalty, still full 60 MHz from Flash.

An Schwob

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Feescale 9S12X  MC9S12XA512 with suffix VPV have -40..+105C
and MPV -40...+125C working temperature range.

r.

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Freescale (was motorola) do a lot of their microcontrollers in
automotive spec (-40 to 125).

What I/O requirements do you have for the project?

Andy

Re: Extended temperature range microcontrollers?

Thanks, I will look into Freescale.

Not well defined at present - it depends how I partition the software
and hardware, on- and off- chip functions. (Doesn't it always...).

--

John Devereux

Site Timeline