Examples of different types of ADC converter chips?

There are chips like PCF8591 that are 4 channel ADC converter that sends the 8bit digital Analog signal out through I2C. But are there ones with more channels?

Are there multi channel ADC converters that converts to 8 bit digital output that can be hooked up to, for example, an atmega16's I/O port?

Reply to
Hyperian

Yes.

Yes.

For more information you can check the websites of ADC manufacturers. Some examples of manufacturers:

Keep the phase, baby.
Reply to
Stef

Why not using a second microcontroller with a large number of ADCs? You can even pre-process the signals and implement your own high speed protocol for parallel communication. E.g. search at Digikey for atmega and filter for the desired number of ADCs:

Maybe there are enough other IOs and capabilities to use just one microcontroller. There are some nice AT91 chips from Atmel which have many IOs and ADCs, or the STM32 series.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Not mentioned in previous responses:

They have several microcontrollers with 8-channels of 10-bit ADC. They also have individual 10-bit and 12-bit, up to 8-channels, successive-approximation ADC devices. Either of the above could be interfaced to just about any I/O port.

Good luck, Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani