EVB/EVM features

Hi,

I'm working on designing a EVB/EVM for a 8-bit CPU and I'm curious what kind of features a EVB/EVM should have. I.e. what do/don't you like about other EVBs. Here is an initial list of features I'm considering:

- 0.1" header for attaching analyzer/scope to any of the CPUs pins.

- 0.1" pad/hole proto area

- IO/memory bus headers for prototyping

- in-circuit programming header (USB programming ?)

what about ?

- SMT pad for prototyping area (what kinds ?)

- 2mm pad/hole proto area

- programmable clock

- on-board rs232 level converter for serial ports

thanks for any feedback.

See ya, -ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, cyliax@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */