Ethernet interface boards

Hello all.

Currently an engineering student. For my project I need to develop an ethernet interface between a control computer and some sensors and actuators.

So I am planning to develop the following boards:

  1. A board which I/O to connect 2 limit switches
  2. Driver for small stepper motors

Both these boards need to have a ethernet interface to be able to communicate with the control computer.

I was planning too use a microcontroller such as a pic on the boards.

I am also going to use the ethernet powerlink stack.

Any advice on how I can get started to develop these boards or any other general advice would be helpful. I am quite lost with my project.

Reply to
drnaphtali

The usual approach to solving problems is to find an eval board that has etherenet on it, verify that it comes with source for some demo application that does something with the ethernet, and then modify the board into what you need and gut the demo application down it its network basics and replace the rest with your functionality.

Sometimes as a student project though you intentionally want to do things the hard way.

Reply to
cs_posting

Have a look at the Microchip ENC 28J60 chip.

Reply to
sky465nm

See your teacher and/or other students. Asking the newsgroup for help with your school work is borderline cheating.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

rote:

with your

Have a look

for Serial-to- Ethernet Application Kit. maybe little expensive for student but it comes ready to go application with source code, you can use the same chip set to do Ethernet and motor driver.

th your

Huh! well i guess he is asking for suggestion not solution. ali

Reply to
Ali