Ethernet Gaskets - I need to be educated

Just had an email turn up about a webcast from Lattice about lowcost programmable ethernet gaskets.

Ethernet gaskets.

Huh?

Reply to
Rob Horton

It's to prevent memory leaks.

(Most PCs continuously leak memory via the network interface. They get slower and slower the longer they run, as the amount of remaining memory is reduced).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

:) I feel the need for a wikipedia entry

Reply to
Rob Horton

Here's a picture:

My best guess is that it keeps the frames from getting lost in the ether. It could be that some of them wind up slipping through the net.

Hoe that helps, G.

Reply to
ghelbig