Ethernet Gaskets - I need to be educated

Just had an email turn up about a webcast from Lattice about lowcost
programmable ethernet gaskets.

Ethernet gaskets.

Huh?

Re: Ethernet Gaskets - I need to be educated

It's to prevent memory leaks.

(Most PCs continuously leak memory via the network interface. They get
slower and slower the longer they run, as the amount of remaining
memory is reduced).

--

John Devereux

Re: Ethernet Gaskets - I need to be educated
:)
I feel the need for a wikipedia entry

Re: Ethernet Gaskets - I need to be educated

Here's a picture:
<http://www.solectek.com/files/pdf/manuals/1346901_A.pdf

My best guess is that it keeps the frames from getting lost in the
ether.  It could be that some of them wind up slipping through the
net.

Hoe that helps,
G.

Site Timeline