ESD protections

BAV99W as they are smaller.

They are less than 2 cents each in large quantities.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

Yes, that would help.

May be 1 cent each to mount. We don't have space to mount on top, so they have to be on bottom of the PCB. Assembly is not going to be fun with smd on both sides. I wish they have 8 to 10 in a pack, with common power and ground. Isn't this a very common need?

Reply to
linnix

I think I'll go with this 18 channels TVS diodes for the input.

-2-ND

Reply to
linnix

.

And for the output buffer, Should I use ALS245, HCT245 or ACT245? I think ALS can withstand ESD the best.

Reply to
linnix

It is, for instance NXP has a large portfolio of ESD protection devices. Many are CSP though (just a bare die with solder balls). Maybe your assy house can process them.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest