ESC/P2 and graphic mode

Hi all...

i use an EPSON LQ-300+ dot printer on a embedded system;
i need to write a drive to print in graphic mode by using ESC/P2 codes.
I look on the web but i can't find detailed informations...
Can anybody help me?

Thank's in advance

Max

Re: ESC/P2 and graphic mode

Start here: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=esc%2Fp2
Then click the second link named "GIMP-Print: ESC/P2 Standard Commands"

HTH,
   Vadim

Re: ESC/P2 and graphic mode

If you only have a number of graphics to print, then storing them in
memory already in the correct format for the printer is the easiest. I
have found that writing a simple program to convert a 2 colour BMP
file to work quite well.
If you need to dynamically generate the graphics, then if you have
enought memory for a complete "page", then generate the image
first in a block of memory. You can either make your plotting routine
to this block  generate the graphics data directly in a suitable
format for the printer, or in a easier X,Y orientation, and the
convert a 8 or 9 pixel row at a time to the ESC/P2 format when you
write to the printer.
If you do not have enough memory for a whole page, then you will
have to do it in blocks. If you need to go this far, then I recommend
you look at the opensource GIMP printer driver project at sourceforge.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

R: ESC/P2 and graphic mode

I need to dynamically generate the graphics;
i think to make a monocrome bitmap with the graphic that i need to print.
In my system i have no memory problems.
My problem is found detailed information to send data in the correct format
for the printer (EPSON LQ300+);
i think to use ESP/P2 commands, but i have no experience with them.

Thank's in advance

Max

Site Timeline