eRTOS real-time?

Hi all!

I am planning to use a real-time os with tcp/ip on top of DOS on a x86
board. Because my project is commercial I would have to pay much for
uCOS-II and a TCP/IP stack that is compatible with it.
Now I saw that there is the free eRTOS with TCP/IP support comming
from WATTCP. Unfortunately in the readme the following is written:
" The name suggests this is a real time OS, which is a misnomer
due to the removal of a 3rd party real time OS component, but it is a
multithreaded programming environment which supports 16 and 32 bit DOS
apps. "
Does anyone use eRTOS and can tell me if it is ok at least for soft
real-time requirements? I need to do some AD conversion and would like
to be able to schedule tasks in time. That is the reason why I do not
use a Java board.

Thanks a lot!
Anguel

Site Timeline