Error Free Protocol

Hi NG,
I need a good protocol for error free communicating with my msp and a pc. It
should be a software protocol (not RS232 with parity) because it should work
on other links such as over gsm, too. What about xmodem. Can I use this
protocol for communication, too? Can somebody help please?

Thanks,
Joachim

Re: Error Free Protocol
TCP/IP I believe is supposed to be error free and is the basis for most
communications these days. You can use PPP if using a Circuit Switched
Data connection over GSM, or even direct with GPRS.

Re: Error Free Protocol

There are multiple choices. These choices differ in
blocksizes or streaming, compression or not,
forward errorcorrection, multipoint or master-slave
and so on.

Error correction is achieved by a CRC and retransmission.
If error spikes are expected, a forwarsd error correction
may lower the number of retransmissions.

Rene

Re: Error Free Protocol

Look up zmodem.

Re: Error Free Protocol

XModem is horribly inefficient (78%). For file transfers, maybe ZModem
is what you want.

Site Timeline