Epson LCD driver question

Hi All !

Somebody have experience with S1D15714 LCD driver ? I have problem with it. Is there application notes for it with examples how to work with it?

I use serial interface. After init sequence I send 'display On Off' command On - LCD switches on for some 10-20 seconds and after it i cannot to swicth on any pixels...

Thank you in advance Michael

Reply to
Michael

Do you know if it's similar to S1D15G00, S1D15G10, or the S1D1560 ? I've used these and have some C code snippets. Which display are you using? What happens to the display after 20 seconds? does the display go off? If so, define 'off' (backlight goes off?, pixel area goes black? etc.) Are you saying that you can write to pixel memory before 10-20 seconds is up, but after 20 seconds you can't?

Jim

Jim

Hi Jim . Thank you for your response.

1st, we don't use now backlight. 2nd, after 20 seconds display go off ( pixel area goes white ). 3rd, our LCD Module 'F-51854GNFJ-SLW-ABN', 160 (W) =D7 128 (H) dots LCD Type : NSD-22808

4th. About similarity. I think that there are many similar things between these modules, such as MPU interface, electric characteristic, controlling methods and others.

I guess that we have problem at initial setup, or something wrong with hardware. By the way, you worked with evaluation board or not ?

Thank you in advance

Michael embedded_ic3 at ift-int.com

Reply to
Michael

Hi Michael, I have light some LCDs in evaluation board . My experience is :

  1. check the LCD supplied voltage ,Vd ,Va, the voltage should comply with the demand of the spec of the LCD.
  2. check the control signal, data signal, address signal, especially about the time
  3. the init sequence from the lcd's manufactor is better.

Do you confirm you can write some pixel on lcd after init, just after some seconds , the display goes white? If so, i think the init sequence is mostly right, you can read some value from some status register of the control chip of the lcd, and check them.

Ok, the above is just my suggestion, good luck to you.

Steven

Reply to
0peng.li