EP9312 & SDRAM

Does anybody have any experience designing with the Cirrus EP9312 processor?
I'm looking at using it for a project but it's unclear to me how to
physically connect SDRAM modules to the processor's address bus.

The SDRAM chapter of the EP9312 user's guide [1] shows how the processor
maps address bus signals to the signals for the SDRAM address and bank
selects (SYA[13-0], SYB[1-0]).  Unfortuneately the device data sheet [2]
makes no mention of the SYA and SYB signals, only the general address bus
pins AD[25-0].  I'd like to know which pins #'s on the processor are
actually used to address SDRAM.  I found an app note for the EP7312 [3]
that tells me exactly what I need to know but I haven't found a similar
document for the EP9312.  Can anyone help?

TIA,

Scott

[1] http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/manual/EP9312_User_Guide.pdf
[2] http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/ep9312po-4.pdf
[3] http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/appNote/an218rev1.pdf

Re: EP9312 & SDRAM

Unless it sprouted another 12 or so DRAM address lines since 2001 when
I last worked with it the address lines of the SMI (static memory
interface) are shared with the SDRAM controller - that is,the DRAM and
SRAM-like-peripherals share a common address and data bus.Obviously
things like nCAS and nRAS aren't shared.

Thus,the DRAM parts should be physically closest to the 9312 and if
you have a lot of SRAM-like-peripherals you should take note of the
bus capacitance and add a 74LVC16245 as appropriate.

The 7312 is completely unrelated to the 9312.If you're still
stuck,drop your FAE a line and ask (not as quick though!),
Sprow.

Site Timeline