Embedded Web Client

I have a stand alone serial device that is not network enabled. I want to use this device network enabled and there are quite a few boards in the market. One of them is the popular CoBox Micro from Lantronix. Most of these products have a built-in web server so that users and can browse to it and view the status of my device. But my question is, instead of making my device a web server, I want it to periodically make a HTTP Get request to my web server (located in my data center) so that status data can be updated in my database in the web server.

Is there such a board in the market?

Thank you very much JCL

Reply to
JCL

Since all you have to do is open a port 80 TCP connection to your server and sending a string of data, then closing the connection, almost every embedded board that comes with a developement envireonement and a TCP stack will do. Rabbitsemiconductor makes cores that can do this easily and their SDKs come wiht all you need, but there are tons of others around too.

Chooseing a micro (or using the one you may already use), connect a lan controller to it and port one of those free small TCP-IP stacks to it seems feasable also (i.e. lwIP etc.)

HTH

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

Markus, thank you very much. That is what I want.

RabbitCore uses C for development. Do you know any product that are using Java or Visual Basic?

Reply to
JCL

Dallas DS80C400 should IMHO fit your bill quite nicely then.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg