Embedded TCP/IP on small micros with SMTP & 802.11

Micronet - the TCP/IP stack from COMSOL whose low memory overhead makes it ideal for use with 8-32 bit embedded micros has recently been enhanced. New Protocols are available to support SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and Wireless Ethernet 802.11b.

The new SNMP option is memory-efficient (8Kbytes for 8051) and provides SNMP v1 or SNMP v2 to connect to managed networks.

The Wireless Ethernet option supports the IEEE 80.11b protocol, allowing the TCP/IP stack to be integrated into Wi-Fi systems operating at 2.4 GHz with data rates of up to 11Mbit/s. The initial release supports the Intersil Prism 2.5 wireless MAC.

As well as adding the 68HCS12, MSP430 and dsPIC to the long list of 8- and

16-bit chips that can run MicroNet, a version is now available to support the increasing number of single-chip ARM CPUs.

If you would like more details of any of these products E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@computer-solutions.co.uk or visit our Web site:

For an introduction to TCP/IP for those interested in using it in embedded applications go to

Visit our web site

- keep it book marked as in the "Information Zone" we have published a number of free services to Embedded Engineers - Our aim is to make it the premier site for Embedded Engineers

Chris Stephens E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@computer-solutions.co.uk Computer Solutions Ltd. Phone: +44 (0)1 932 829 460

1a New Haw Road, Fax: +44 (0)1 932 840 603 Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2BZ England

For the largest range of embedded microprocessor development tools now available for next day delivery - from our web shop

Reply to
Chris Stephens