Embedded TCP Client to VB application

Hi All,

I am trying to debug a problem that I am having with an embedded TCP client talking to a VB6 app. The hand shaking of the TCP connection is failing and I am not sure if the problem is the embedded code or the VB code.

Does anyone have any sample VB code for when a winsock control is acting as a listener for an external TCP client connection that they would be willing to share with me?

Alternatively, does anyone with experience of the TCP Lean IP Stack have any experince of TCP client that could suggest why I never get past the CLIENT_SYNS state with the VB6 app running, but I do get to a CLIENT_EST state if I stop my VB6 app whilst it is starting to establish the connection?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason James

A packet sniffer, such as Ethereal, is helpful in debugging TCP applications. It will allow you to see what is passing, or not passing, between the two sides.

Reply to
Paul J. Bosselaers