embedded system development environment

Hi All,

I am new to embedded system development and need your advice on my upcoming project. I thank and appreciate your help in advance.

I'd like to setup a development environment that includes a microprocessor which supports output to LCD as well as input/output based on Ethernet and 802.11. The software platform is better based on Linux with GNU tool chain.

Please kindly suggest what is available on the market that fits the above requirement.

Thanks again,

Bill

Reply to
guoliangqian

One of the gumstix configurations probably has the capabilities you want.

Reply to
cs_posting

Are you looking for a board the meets those requirements, or are yo interested in laying out your own PCB and going into production?

I ask this because a systems integrator needs to look at a whole differen class of products than a circuit designer. And WiFi is mostly a modula option, with all the CF and SD card options.

Reply to
vinnie

I am looking for a board that's available on the market so that I can build my application on it.

Reply to
guoliangqian

Why exactly does a laptop or mini laptop (e.g. Eee) not meet your requirements>?

Reply to
larwe

using Open Embedded with a Linux development host
running uC/OS or possibly,
with arm-linux-v4.1.2b, gcc4.1.2

Reply to
Freelance Embedded Systems Engineer

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Pity about the last part... most professional tools are on the PC platform.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris H

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Linux is available on a PC platform. I think you mean Windows.

JS

Reply to
JSprocket

If by "PC platform" you meant "Windows", (a) that isn't really true these days, and (b) the impression I got from the OP is that he wants the OS on the target to be Linux, not necessarily the host OS. Not that it makes much difference - it's the path of least resistance to develop for Linux targets on a Linux host anyway.

Reply to
larwe

Assuming you mean "Windows" rather than "PC platform"...

That rules out Green Hills, Freescale/CodeWarrior, Cosmic, and a range of other suppliers as "professional".

Reply to
David Brown

First, think on what your are going to accomplish; only then think how you are going to accomplish that. In this order and not vice versa.

Understood nothing. Too many meaningless buzzwords.

Buy a used laptop at ebay.

Vladimir Vassilevsky