embedded sound card ?

What options do I have when it comes to embeddind sound card in my
design ? I want input/output >22%KHz mono (voice and FAX)

I found PCM2906, DS4201 and few alike, but its USB, and I have no USB
in my design, only bunch of GPIO pins or memory mapping.

All that I can think of is connecting old ISA sound card to my board.
Are there any modern options ?

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r35%2019

Yes, use a generic audio codec from Analog Devices or others. Interfaces
parallel or serial.

Meindert

Re: embedded sound card ?

Thanks, I guess I didnt know what to look for. Now I found AD74111 and
AD73311. They sure look promising. I just hope that programming will be
easy (Linux).

Pozdrawiam.