Embedded Software Developer - GoAhead - Interested?

GoAhead. Be Part of A Team, A Vision, A Technology Revolution.

GoAhead Software is changing the face of high availability and system management for the telecom, military and aerospace industries. As the acknowledged industry leader in commercial high availability middleware, we are building upon our successful track record while maintaining an enviable corporate culture. We boast a tight-knit team of sharp, creative people who get it done.

We are a private company headquartered in downtown Bellevue, Washington, a rapidly growing city situated between Lakes Washington and Sammamish just minutes from downtown Seattle. The views are picturesque with the snow-capped mountains of the Cascades to the East and Mount Rainier dominating the horizon to the South. Bellevue is the metropolitan hub of the Eastside that thrives on innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit. Come be part of a company on the move!

Currently, GoAhead is seeking a Software Developer to join its technical team. This position designs, develops, documents, and tests software for a variety of operating systems. Essential duties include but are not limited to: =95 Specifies, designs, implements and tests embedded management software. =95 Writes and presents key engineering documents including procedures, specifications, design, test and user documents. =95 Consults with other engineering staff to evaluate operational and performance requirements of overall build. =95 Learns and applies new programming languages and other technologies as necessary to achieve company goals. =95 Builds web-based user interfaces for new and existing products. =95 Acts as mentor to more junior developers and motivates and encourages contributions towards a successful team effort. =95 Act as an information resource for company products and provide informal training to more junior developers and other positions within company as needed. =95 Provides support to marketing, sales, client services and customers concerning design and maintenance of software products.

Qualifications include a BS degree and 4 or more years experience designing and implementing sophisticated software systems; a thorough understanding of state-of-the-art tools and technologies for software design and development; excellent proficiency in C language with exposure to C++ and/or Java language; a thorough working knowledge of Linux operating systems; and experience developing and debugging with the GNU tool chain. Experience with the design and implementation of telecom network elements or embedded linux projects is highly desirable.

If you are a bright, career-minded individual with a passion for technology, we want to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to snipped-for-privacy@goahead.com.

All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.

GoAhead is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and stock options. Come be part of our high performance team!

Reply to
stephbt