Embedded scripting engine

Hi,

I'm looking for a small scripting engine implementation for my embedded project running on STM32F103T6 MCU @ 72MHz and FreeRTOS 6.0.4 and ST library 3.2.0.

Right now, I'm using a derivate of basic language with code: c=0 for d=1 to 10000 set_onboard_led c if c=0 then c=1 else c=0 next d end

and get performance roughly 1 millisecond per 1 loop. The project is level 2 optimized in GCC (-O2). The script is running as an operating system task. I'm looking for an alternative scripting solution that can do roughly 20 microseconds per

1 loop.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Raul

You might want to take a look at:

I don't know anything about it so cannot recommend it as such, but I do know that people use it with FreeRTOS.

--=20

Regards, Richard.

    Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

    Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E

Reply to
FreeRTOS info

Have you looked at Lua? It's quite a powerful and flexible embeddedable scripting language. You'll want to configure it to use integer numbers (by default it uses floating point).

Reply to
David Brown

Yes, LUA is definitely one of the good choices. But right now I have not seen any good benchamarks on Internet. I'd not consider porting the language just to see that it is too slow :) Pawn looks also interesting - has anyone ported it to STM32 or cortex- m3 platform?

Reply to
Raul

There's no porting to do - it's a C library, and can be compiled with just about any compiler. I don't know about its performance (though it will be slower if you don't configure for integers), but there should be no problem getting it to build.

Reply to
David Brown

I should think ficl would fill the bill ...

This C based forth interpreter is used to boot FreeBSD, and was designed from the outset to be embedded.

HTH,

Rob Sciuk

Reply to
Spam