Embedded Pascal - how good is it?

Has anyone used this? I've been programming in Delphi for some years. Used to program 8051 using Hi-Tech C which was pretty good, but now quite rusty with C. I tried Embedded for a short while today, but it looks like the program has not been developed fully would someone like to comment please? Thanks, Alistair.

Reply to
Alistair George

I tried (bought, actually) the AVR version -- it had a few serious bugs:

- "Dynamic" variable handling didn't work -- fixed.

- "for" loops didn't work -- fixed.

- "case" and "in" constructs made the target crash -- I haven't heard from the author since I showed him a "working example" of the bugs in June 2003. As far as I've seen, nothing has changed on his Pascal page since then.

--
http://www.flexusergroup.com/
Reply to

Thanks, fairly serious problems, I also have found bugs in just an hours testing; I did email author, but it looks like the long and short answer is to stay with Hi-Tech C which is a very good package, but mine is quite old and now I check out their prices they are very steep. Another interesting option is a C-compiler from Germany which I will ask about in another thread. Kind regards, Alistair George.

Reply to
Alistair George

"[..] it looks like the long and short answer is to stay with Hi-Tech C which is a very good package, but mine is quite old and now I check out their prices they are very steep. [..]"

If you have a working compiler, even it is old, why would you want to buy a replacement?

Kind regards, Colin Paul Gloster

Reply to
Colin Paul Gloster