Embedded NTFS

Hi folks-

I have a project that needs an embedded NTFS module. It will provide NTFS file read/write services to USB disk drives plugged into USB on my ARC600 based system. I need it completed in a few weeks so the DIY route is not possible. The only commercial source I could locate is NTFS Embedded from Tuxera.

Does anyone have any experience with Tuxera or their NTFS Embedded product?

Can anyone recommend any other worthy alternate sources or products??

Thanks ? John Speth

Reply to
John Speth

What OS are you using? Linux has good NTFS support as standard, if you can use that. But for more general use, or non-GPL implementations, I don't know of any other than Tuxera (and I've no experience with them - I've just heard the name). NTFS is very rare in embedded systems - it is /very/ resource-heavy compared to FAT32, and is seldom used on USB sticks or flash cards. The only reason I can think of using it is to get support for bigger than 4GB files.

Reply to
David Brown

Right or wrong, BSD software comes under a very unrestrictive license:

though that doesn't mean that the software can get adapted to some other use in a few weeks.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel Wilson

NFS and NTFS are _completely_ unrelated.

Noob

nfs.html

Yes... reading comprehension ...

Reply to
Mel Wilson

Thanks for the discussion.

The OS is MQX. The needs is to allow use of USB based spinning hard drives.

JJS