Embedded GUI Code

I am on a search for an embedded GUI / Windowing / 2-D system. I would like the source code (in ANSI-C) included in addition to basic drawing mechanisms (circle, dot, line, rectangle). This needs to be usable on an embedded system and easily portable. I've looked at uc/GUI from Micrium and C/PEG from Swell Software. They both look sufficient, possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on the two?

Thank you,

--Keith Prickett

Reply to
Keith

I don't think you've defined very well what you want.

An "embedded system" might mean a couple of transistors, or a supercomputing system connected to an imax projector.

What do you plan to do with it? What kind of screen? What resolution do you need? How many colors? Is there going to be an OS? Is it Linux? WinCE? An RTOS?

ttyl,

--buddy

Reply to
Buddy Smith

My system will vary and different systems may contain different Color LCDs. I would like a color depth of 24 bits per pixel. I want to draw text, buttons, menus, show icons, and display bitmaps. I'm not using Linux, but rather, ThreadX.

Thanks!

--Keith

Buddy Smith wrote:

Reply to
Keith

NexGen (France, commercial) comes to mind.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

Maybe EmbWin from segger company.

In fact I never used it. But it looks what u want Os and controller independent.

HTH,

Adib.

--
Keith schrieb:
> My system will vary and different systems may contain different Color
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adib Taraben

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

I'm currently working with emWin and I find it stable and well-documented. It has nearly all the features I need and it is very easy to tweak existing ones to your needs. The support is good and fast and a large number of LCD controllers are supported off the shelf. I needed a bit of assistance getting up and running in the first place but I'm pretty dumb and Segger got me going fairly quickly.

It does mostly what C/Peg and Peg++ does so if you consider those overkill then emWin would be too but it does mean you have got a full featured GUI ready to go and if you want to use window functions (as you do) then I don't think it is overkill.

Subjectively, someone posted recently about not finding the C/Peg manuals helpful. I can't comment on that but I do find emWin's to be good.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Keith, if you are using ThreadX have you taken a look at the PegX offering from Express Logic, I've never used it myself but my experience with their NetX and FileX products has been good.

Stan Katz

Reply to
Stan Katz

I use EasyGUI. It's cheaper than most of the ones mentioned so far and support is not too bad. It takes a little to get used to it and it does have a few quirks, but over all it does what its supposed to do. It supports most of the major chips and has a semi decent manual.

Good luck!

Reply to
typhon62

I searched around a bit and could not find NexGen anywhere, do you have a web link?

Thanks!

Reply to
typhon62

We use emWin

Nice library - easy to use/good dokumentation/platform independent.

They come with a Windows library for Visual-Studio or Borland-Builder to simulate the display in a own windows application.

regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Kaul

This looks about right:

I'm also w> 42Bastian Schick wrote:

Reply to
Keith

Years ago I searched for a embedded LCD library. At a fair an employee of Micrium told me that the GUI part of Micrium is relabled Segger GUI. Segger in turn relables parts from Micrium.

regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Kaul

Checkout Qt Embedded !

Laurent

Keith wrote:

Reply to
Amontec, Larry

opps the link:

Qt for embedded Linux

The foundation of Trolltech's embedded technology

Laurent

Checkout Qt Embedded !

Reply to
Amontec, Larry

Now Qtopia Core

Read from the Trolltech homepage:

Storage footprint dependent on configuration Compressed: 1.1 - 3.2 MB Uncompressed: 2.5 - 6 MB

All processors supported by Linux with a C++ compiler and frame buffer driver. Supported on ARM®, x86®, MIPS®, PowerPC®

It seems that Qtopia needs a Linux on the platform. We use Systems with only 256kByte Flash and only one Application (our Application).

No OS - no Memorymanagement...

regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Kaul

In article , Keith writes

Hi

Try

of in the UK

the Segger GUI meets all your stated requirements. Actually Micrium rebadge Segger. :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills