Embedded Development Tools

Thanks, I had always assumed the former (as have many acquaintances). Wherever did you find the written script (or transcript)?

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

From above referenced book:

NEMPNETT THRUBWELL (n.) The feeling experienced when driving off for the first time on a brand new motorbike.

Regards, Richard.

    for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051, PIC24 & dsPIC
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

well it is an SI unit

tim

Reply to
tim.....

As do the Swedes (though preferably not when speaking to a native english speaker)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

The Swedish "mil" is useful in an SI world since 1 "mil" = 10 km. The English "mile" is pretty useless for engineering purposes.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Around these parts natives of small villages identify strangers by the fact that they haven't seen them before. :)

Robert

Robert Adsett

Hello,

Here is our company's web site

for your reference. I am very happy to assist you on your project. Any question about our products as well as our service, please feel free to contact me.

Merry Christmas!

Andy EZ-EMBEDDED

snipped-for-privacy@ezEmbedded.com

Reply to
Andy

... which is why hardly anybody would say "120 cm" unless he actually measured to the centimeter. All others would say a "one point two meters" or "a meter and twenty" or something like that.

That may be less of a preference of the people doing the PCB design than it's a preference of those who package the parts they use. Pin spacings have been in mils ever since the first DIL IC packages hit the market.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

My experience is that the newer (smaller) packaging formats are in millimeters, not mils (0.001"). At the moment, about half the parts I work with are in mils, the other half are in mm. For some projects, I set my layout grid to metric due to prevailing measurements.

OTOH I can convert between mils and millimeters pretty well now ;-)

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Or "12 dm".

Reply to
Bjarne Bäckström

Conversion numbers that stick in my head are 2.54, 39.37, 1.6,

0.6. Also 2.2 for other purposes.
CBFalconer

The official definition is in metric units: 1 nm = 1854 m.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

Fine if you're jousting, an arguably civilized pastime, leaving the economics of knighthood aside. Pretty bad idea in wartime though. Charge single-file, only to be flanked by an enemy that doesn't honor "correct" sides of the road? Well, maybe you'll find your modern jousting analogue in road rage, ha ha!

Defining the right side of the road to be the right side of the road does have a certain logic or consistency to it.

Cheers, Brandon Van Every

Reply to
Brandon J. Van Every

Yes, sorry for the mistake,.. English is not my primary language.. thanks for the correction though.

Reply to
thedoc

There is no such thing as implied accuracy. If you take a set of measurements, then the 120 cm is typically the average value of the measurement or sometimes the median value. It can as easily mean +/- 5,0 centimeters as +/- 0,5 cm

What is the length of a stick which varies between 100 cm and 140 cm in a gaussian way - 120 cm.

Implied accuracy is just a term for bad engineering When we were studying, meetings could be called at 10:12 give or take 10 minutes to make that point.

People not understanding the SI system could make that distinction.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Through a carefully constructed Google query: spelt pronounced mangrove throat warbler

Miraculously, the first link brings you to the script:

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

England that small villages

I think that the residents of Leominster would take exception to the small village label - it is the second largest town in my present home county of Herefordshire. I know that we are not known for vast urban sprawls in this part of the country but it hardly counts as a village.

Having said that It is very useful as a foreigner identifier - Americans often come out with some choice mispronounciations. Tweekiesberry for Tewkesbury (often said as chewksbry) is a favourite.

Ian

Happy Christmas to you all

Reply to
ian.okey

Checkoslovakia ( i cant sell it ) "Se Zeta" won the ISDT for

155 years in a row ( kidding ) ...

Jawa built by same good engineers ....

Where can i get some quick info on a clever debugger like the

Buffalo in 68HC11 , but for ARM 920t or 7 ....

I dont do C++ , nor IDEs , too slow to learn hardware ,

maybe a Forth .... In minutes you can get a good picture

of how all the registers work ...

Paul Burke wrote:

Reply to
werty

Mmmm...

1 league = 3 nautical miles = 50000/9 km ==> 1 nm = 1851.851 m
Reply to
Ignacio G.T.

... snip ...

Are there varying definitions of league? According to 'units':

c:\dnld\scratch>units league nmile * 2.6069339 / 0.38359238

c:\dnld\scratch>units nmile meter * 1852 / 0.0005399568

CBFalconer