Embedded application on PS3, dev questions

Can anyone answer a couple of questions for me about developing for the Cell BE on the PlayStation 3?

My big question is: If I install FC5 PPC (or some other Linux distro), what will I need to add in order to be able to build a program that accesses the SPEs; is there a walkthrough on this?

Secondarily: Is anyone aware of a USB audio input device that will work nicely with the PPC Linux kernel?

Google finds roughly ten zillion pages of people gushing about how they can see a Gnome desktop on their PS3, but not much in the way of useful content.

My intended application is not very challenging: it's simply to take a

44.1kHz audio signal input and use one of the SPEs to run a 512-bin FFT and display the spectrum onscreen.
Reply to
larwe

I recently bookmarked this, which seemed useful

"how to install Linux on the PS3, and how to get started developing for the Cell BE processor on the PS3"

Disclaimer: I never programmed a PS3.

Francois Grieu

Reply to
Francois Grieu

useful

Thanks! The crazy part is, I write for the same POWER Architecture zone on developerWorks - yet I could not find this article series.

Reply to
larwe