Embedded ADSL router and Speed touch 330 ADSL modem

Hello,

I am working on my embedded ADSL router and I have problem with downloading firmware of the modem. The dmsg command says as follows: ... speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: looking for speedtch-1.bin.2 speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: looking for speedtch-1.bin speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: no stage 1 firmware found! ...

I have already mounted usbdevfs (/proc/bus/usb), the lsusb command says that I have connected the ADSL modem. I put firmware (two files extracted from ZZZL_3.012 file provided by Alcatel) into the following directory: /lib/firmaware

Could someone of you explain me how to download firmware of ADSL modem in to it? In perfect situation I am looking for way to use kernel

2.6.17.3 + with enabled Speed Touch 330 driver without hotplug scripts.

How Linux kernel tries to download the firmware?

Best Regards, FO

Reply to
Fibre Optic