Embedded 5volt or 12volt

I have a Embedded board, it comes with a 5volt and 12volt connector, ATX
socket, 4 pins 5 volt and 12 volt.

Can I just use one voltage only because the board has the facility to use
use pin settings  for 5v or 12v for   external devices.

Thanks Craig

Re: Embedded 5volt or 12volt

Probably not.  If it uses an ATX power supply, it most likely expects to
be provided with both +12V and +5V.

Re: Embedded 5volt or 12volt

The best advice I can give is "try it and see". Many - most? - SBCs,
particularly those that are powered from a "hard drive style" 4-pin
connector, do not require +12V for normal operation. They pass it
through to peripherals only.

Re: Embedded 5volt or 12volt

I don`t think zo. Depending on what type microcontroller it has you can
check voor specification on the vendor site.
The most commnon voltage voor these board are 5V and lower. The 12 V is the
most time used to program the xxxxROM device.
Be always sure to get specifications on embedded microcontrollers.

billo

Re: Embedded 5volt or 12volt

But on say, Megatel pc104 boards, the +12 is just passed through to
the expansion board for IO that need it.  OP has to check with MFG. - RM

Site Timeline