Embedded 5volt or 12volt

I have a Embedded board, it comes with a 5volt and 12volt connector, ATX socket, 4 pins 5 volt and 12 volt.

Can I just use one voltage only because the board has the facility to use use pin settings for 5v or 12v for external devices.

Thanks Craig

Reply to
Craig

Probably not. If it uses an ATX power supply, it most likely expects to be provided with both +12V and +5V.

Reply to
Eric Smith

The best advice I can give is "try it and see". Many - most? - SBCs, particularly those that are powered from a "hard drive style" 4-pin connector, do not require +12V for normal operation. They pass it through to peripherals only.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

"Craig" schreef in bericht news:3fafa12c$0$1724$ snipped-for-privacy@freenews.iinet.net.au...

I don`t think zo. Depending on what type microcontroller it has you can check voor specification on the vendor site. The most commnon voltage voor these board are 5V and lower. The 12 V is the most time used to program the xxxxROM device. Be always sure to get specifications on embedded microcontrollers.

billo

Reply to
vinger

But on say, Megatel pc104 boards, the +12 is just passed through to the expansion board for IO that need it. OP has to check with MFG. - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill