EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Hi All! I'm sure this's been asked several times b4, but can ne1 give me a definitive answer 4 the foll. Qs :-

1) What are the MOS level architectures of EPROM EEPROM and Flash? 2) How exactly does one prog./erase them (sure,they use FNT, hot electron injection - but how exactly does that contribute to the logic levels and readin?) 3) What's the best online resource 4 such stuff ( free stuff that is;did i mention i'm flat broke?)

TIA!!!! PSB

P.S Sorry 4 the silly sub. line. Need all the attention i get!

Reply to
PSB

So if you're sure of that, you should be sure that answers would have been given, and you could have used your unbounded greatness to search the archives, no?

Also note that Usenet isn't communicated over SMS. Go ahead, spell out full words. Be daring. I was going to say, "act your age", but then I realized that you probably are.

Refer to:

Refer also to a mirror, and a copy of your posting. Compare and contrast. This work will assessed towards your final grade.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

WEEEEELLLL!!! Thank you for your time, but here's some stuff i thought was obvious and was redundant. Firstly, when people talk about memory, they dont really bother about the micro/nano-structure. Sure a chip looks pretty on the outside with its DIP (thats no SMS lingo!!) but ever wondered what the electrons are doing inside?

Thats the stuff very few know and thats the stuff i wanted to talk about.

As far as my language goes, it was more for typing and reading ease. Sorry if I offended you 'Gentlemen'. ( See? I'm no hacker. In fact I'm not even young - I'm 20)

Regards, PSB

P.S : I'm still waiting for a techie to respond to my posts.

Reply to
PSB

Well I'm a techie, you're a dope, and noone here is going to do your homework for you. When you grow up you'll find that your peers will have more regard for you if you do it yourself. And since when has 20 not been young, child?

--
Trevor Barton
Reply to

Sound like a breathless teenager and people will treat you like one. You still sound that way, BTW.

Anyway, people in cae are not generally microelectronics gurus and experts in solid-state physics. You'd probably get better responses in

*vlsi*...
Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

PSB, Seems to me from your first post you are likely smart enough to find this stuff for yourself - you used many of the key words already! Try a google search ... I did "flash memory endurance injection" and came up with:

just on the first page.

Ian C.

Reply to
Ian C. PG Trionic Inc

Yes you are.

I was writing cp/m bios extensions and designing network cards the year you were born.

But no offense taken...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Hi All! Remember me? ( Breathless teenager, dope ...). Well I'm back. And here are the answers for the questions (what are FNT and direct tunelling) i'd asked

FNT is the process in which elecrons 'hop' along the oxide conduction band and into the si conduction band. Direct tunneling ocurs in thinner oxides wherein the electrons tunnels thro' without bothering about the conduction band of the oxide.

See? Thats it! Yet, it took me hours on the net, books and more books to figure this out. U know why? coz' i didnt have the resources when i needed them most. No library, limited internet time etc..

And all u guys did was to bitch about my posting style, language and all that. ("This is usenet not SMS".. "Dont dump ur homework on me"..) Weren't u guys students anytime? Didnt u have the passion to learn more and more? And doesnt all that knowledge make u want to share it? I know i'm gonna be much more co-operative when someone asks a Q.

Anyway, there were a few who responded positively as well (Ian C, Lewin A.R.) Thanx guys!!

Peace, PSB

Reply to
PSB

Google - several articles on Fowler-Nordheim tunneling - 0.41 seconds. Direct tunneling - 0.40 seconds. Much faster than posting a message here, and you already have the required resources.

Come back again, but - once again - drop the breathless teenager act and learn to write proper English. When you graduate, do you expect to write your resumes and cover letters in SMS?

-- Al Balmer Balmer Consulting snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Reply to
Alan Balmer

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (PSB) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

No, it was for ease of typing, not reading.

--
Richard
Reply to

And saying "I'm no hacker" is in fact a self-insult amongst a community of hackers, which is to say most of the regular readers and posters in here. It also indicates a lack of comprehension of what the word "hacker" means, which circularly brings us back to the breathless teenager. The OP should return to his Britney Spears posters and collectible N'Sync snow-globes.

--

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Oh sure. But the internet didn't exist then, at least not for the mere mortals.... :-))

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang