Edit .link file in WinXP

I'm using the SDCC compiler and have a ".lnk" file.  I know I can use
Ultraedit etc to open these but is there a way of giving right-click in
explorer to give the option of editing these files?

Re: Edit .link file in WinXP

Not really.  *.lnk is the "secret" name of the 'shortcuts' used by
Windows itself, and as such, Explorer won't let you change their
interpretation without fighting back.  I advise to consider using a
different name than *.lnk for your linker script.

Re: Edit .link file in WinXP

Many thanks.

It's a shame that the default name for the makefile is ".lnk" and it is
given in many of the examples I have.  As you say ideally I should rename
these.

Site Timeline