Edit .link file in WinXP

I'm using the SDCC compiler and have a ".lnk" file. I know I can use Ultraedit etc to open these but is there a way of giving right-click in explorer to give the option of editing these files?

Reply to
Fred

Not really. *.lnk is the "secret" name of the 'shortcuts' used by Windows itself, and as such, Explorer won't let you change their interpretation without fighting back. I advise to consider using a different name than *.lnk for your linker script.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

Many thanks.

It's a shame that the default name for the makefile is ".lnk" and it is given in many of the examples I have. As you say ideally I should rename these.

Reply to
Fred