EDIF generation from C

Hello As I'd mentioned in one of my previous mails, I'm working on intrinsic evolution. I'd like to know if its possible to generate netlists in EDIF format from C itself for circuits, or will it be too complicated? Regards quad

Reply to
quad

This lot might help:

Perhaps for an academic application they'd do you a freeby or at least a good deal. Or this:

I missed your first post. What are you trying to evolve? Does the evolution paradigm take into account the idea that in natural selection, while SOME outcome has a probability approaching 1, any SPECIFIC outcome has a probability approaching zero?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Of the tools I have seen that are available the best route is probably c->VHDL->EDIF

The translation initially is a grammar translation that might be a man month or so with one of the compiler compilers almost immediately turns to optimization to get usable code. Here the real effort begins probably several man years.

This is the of application that we have been using expert systems using knowledge bases of optimization rules.

w..

quad wrote:

Reply to
Walter Banks

Hello We are working on intrinsic evolution wherein we try to evolve large digital circuits using PDCGP algorithm, using techniques which include partitioning, compaction,etc. Actually we have a timeframe constraint of about 3 months for the project. So wondering if generation of EDIF from C is possible within that timeframe, considering that this is just a module in the whole project. Would it be a better idea to pass parameters from C and use JHDL

to generate the netlist directly? Can JHDL code be made generic for all kinds of circuits? Regards Quad

Reply to
quad