Dynamic Linking of modules

Hello All,

I am to design a dynamic linker/loader on Nucleus RTOS running on ARM9. my aim is to conserve memory by loading only the required (one or more modules and offload other modules. I checked out to find that the code can be compiled position independen using the armcc compiler. also the executable format produced by armcc i ELF(elf32-little). I need pointers in how to design this dynamic linker as well as th loader.

My Work Environment Processor :ARM9 RTOS :Nucleus Tool suite :RVDS for ARM9

Thnks and Rgds Ravikiran

Reply to
bujji00

For dynamic linking/loading, you must first define your primary and secondary memories. The best way is to use the SVC instruction to trap into your RTOS monitor and load from secondary memories. Be aware that you might not be doing RT anymore.

Reply to
linnix

Most systems have some scheme where there is a standard header at the front of the dynamically linked file/module with a table of pointers to functions in the module (and maybe string or integer names to index that table). FreeRADIUS has a system of linking in modules that may be worth looking at to get some ideas - check out

Because it is open source you can grab the code and see how it is done.

- Charles

Reply to
charleso