Dynamic CANOpen Node IDs?

Hi, Is it possible to dynamically assign unique node IDs to devices in a CANOpen network? Our application requires "hot swapping" and we want to avoid DIP Switches or special connectors. I've only had a few hours allocated to research this topic and I didn't see any mention of this in the CANopen Application Layer and Communication Profile document or in Internet or newsgroup searches. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Reply to
dhudson01

Look at the Layer Setting Services (LSS).

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen