Dynamic C compiler

Hi,

Anyone out there using the Dynamic C compiler? If so, I have a question. Every so often I get into the situation where not #define ing something, or some other simple minded typo (such as leaving of a ";") lands me in a compiler error message from the math library, or some other system type library. Obviously, the problem is in one of my modules (or libraries), but it is IMPOSSIBLE to guess which one if I have made changes to several of them. Furthermore, there seems to be a HUGE dependency upon WHERE #define s are placed. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what the "rule of thumb" is for where to place #define s. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grigg

I suppose the rule of thumb is to put the defines where they need to belong. It depends on the define itself. You might be defining something that later code or preprocessor directives use, so it has to be before them. But maybe the define depends on a previous symbol that is defined in some included file, so it has to be defined after the include.

Reply to
Gary Kato

snipped-for-privacy@draper.com (Bill Grigg) wrote in news:d79d35f6.0402110953.50d2ebd8 @posting.google.com:

Switch compilers?

--
Richard
Reply to

Markus Zingg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have used SoftTools products in the past, and, it has been a while, but, based on my experience with them, I would highly recomend using them. Their tech support was top notch. Their response time, and turn around time on fixing a real issue with their products was very low.

--
Richard
Reply to