dsPIC: Places for good developer information

It would appear I am about to start on a project using dsPIC30F6015 programmed in C using Microchip's toolchain. It's a long time since I did any PIC work (and taht was a smaller PIC)and don't seem to have an favourites or news groups that are relevant. I am sure there are some pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better). Where might I find them, or help with problems?

TIA,

Bill

PS While I am here, and thoughts on the

Bill Davy

did=20

=2E=20

I've always found Microchip themselves to have excellent resources, including application notes, middleware, etc. Plus training options. Here are some starting points:

82

2127&param=3Den023431 [might need to copy the URLs onto a single line]

Regards, Richard.

    Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

    Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E

Reply to
FreeRTOS info

Many thanks. I'll add those to my Favourites (or whatever they're called). Bill

--

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=82

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2127&param=en023431

[might need to copy the URLs onto a single line]

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
Bill Davy

t on a project using dsPIC30F6015

I did

.

ed).

.
.
.

There are also the Microchip forums, they are very helpful.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

I find the courses offered at the regional training centers great for getting up to speed quickly, and avoiding common problems on microchip products. The classes I attended have been to have been very small and I was able to get all of my questions answered.

The Microchip forums are the best place. You can usually find someone with the same issue, if not, the community is great but it might take a little while to get an answer. Also, I e-mailed the RTC instructor with a problem that was related to a course I took with him and he was quick to respond.

Aaron

Aaron Clarke

I find the courses offered at the regional training centers great for getting up to speed quickly, and avoiding common problems on microchip products. The classes I attended have been to have been very small and I was able to get all of my questions answered.

The Microchip forums are the best place. You can usually find someone with the same issue, if not, the community is great but it might take a little while to get an answer. Also, I e-mailed the RTC instructor with a problem that was related to a course I took with him and he was quick to respond.

Aaron

Many thanks for these pointers
Reply to
Bill Davy