dsPIC, DCI and debugger...

Hi all! Since a couple of days I'm stuck in a strange problem concerning the use of the DCI peripheral in a dsPIC: I use it for reading an I2S audio streaming coming from an ADC, but the program seems to be unable to read the RXBuffers registers, unless I activate the in circuit debugger. When the debugger is on, the program works as expected, otherwise it always reads as 0. Note that this appends only for the DCI, other peripherals works as expected, and the DCI also seems to generate the correct output waveforms (and the ADC sends correct serial data)... The program is written in assembly, and the DCI register settings are about the same used in the Microchip example (in C). Any clue or hint?!?

Thanks, Antonio

Reply to
A.D.

The debugger sets I/O pins to digital. You probably need to do this explicitly in your program, as they will default to analogue input without the debugger.

Leon

Reply to
Leon