Does the Read-Modify-Write problem exist on the newer PICs?

Hi all,

I'm moving towards the PIC18fxxx series fo chips for my own projects - currently I'm looking at the PIC18F4320.

If I run this chip @ 40 MHz, can I do sucessive read-modify-wrte instructions on the port latch registers?

EG

bsf LATA, 0 bcf LATA, 0

Will this give a 100ns pulse on pin A0? I know on the earlier PICs this is bad practice, but what about the PIC18f4320?

I've searched the web, and haven't found a direct answer. Piclist doesn't mention the 18f series on their Read-Modify-Write page.

Also, I know some of the 18f PICs had errata that only let them run @

4MHz. Does anyone know if this chip is affected? I can't see any mention of this problem in the errata sheets, but I want to make sure.

thanks,

Al

Reply to
Al Borowski