Does paradigm locator work with watcom compiler? (real mode)

Hi, group,
  I have a board with 80188 microprocesser and I have software that is
tested good on PC with watcom C 11.0. Now I need to port the software
to the 80188. I have paradigm locate 5.0 but I have never used it. The
manual talked about supporting Borland C++4.0 and MSC 8.0c. Has anybody
tried to use it with watcom C? Does it work with Turbo C 2.01 too? I
need to decide how I would approach this problem. I might port the
software to Turbo C 2.01, or port the software to Borland C++ 4.0, then
buy one copy of BC from ebay. I might try to find a locator that
supports watcom C. I have MSC6.0 too. But my dudes do not like MS. It
is optimal if all the tools are freely downloadable. I might be able to
answer those questions if I dig the internet deeper but I'd appreciate
your help as I can direct more energy toward the right direction. Thank
you.

http://www.mscpscsi.com

vax, 9000

Re: Does paradigm locator work with watcom compiler? (real mode)
Hi Vax,

I believe the upcoming 1.4 version of OpenWatcom will support embedded
applications.

Regards,
Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Re: Does paradigm locator work with watcom compiler? (real mode)

If the linker can create a map file compatible with the
Borland or Microsoft map, it should succeed.

The locator reads the class and segment definitions from the map
and adjusts the segment relocations in the .exe file accordingly.

An example of a segment/class map working with the locator:

--

  Start  Stop   Length Name               Class

  00000H 00037H 00038H ROMSTART           ROMSTART