Does anyone have any experience with the PIC10F202?

Hello from the Eighth Doctor I just received my sample order of 3 devices of the PIC10F202 (DIP-8 package), from Microchip today.

Has anyone had any prior experience with this particular device? Or perhaps the PIC12 family? According to Microchip the PIC10, is a member of the PIC12 family. I'm not sure what they mean by this. What I am curious is how the devices were programmed, and what software tools were used to write the code. Linux based preferably.

--
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net
Reply to

I've got some samples but haven't tried them yet. They can be programmed in the PICkit 1, with an adapter, or with the ICD 2.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Gregg:

We use the 10F20X here for our smallest products. We've been using them since November. We got the kits when they first came out, so I guess I've got some experience with it.

We're using CCSC, which is available on Linux. You can also write the code in assembly, and in fact you'll may have to write some parts in assembly. Nothing extravagant; the TRIS and OPTION registers are only accessible via the TRIS and OPTION commands in assembly. CCS recently included some statements to work with them, but the code wasn't broken so I didn't fix it.

You'll have to have an up-to-date version of CCSC. Note that they "fixed" some things when they added support for the 10F20X, so if you're upgrading from a previous version get ready for some serious pain.

It's a Windows shop here, and we use Quickwriter for the programming. Depending on the board, we have a $2 ICSP module that sits on the board or we use the $200 6-pin SOT-6 programmer before they get soldered on. It takes a while and the fuse settings don't seem to play nice together. You'll have to edit the configuration word in QW if you want the MCLR to stay off.

The development kit from microchip isn't supported in Linux. You may have to run an emulator or as they like to say on Slashdot, "Just write your own." I'd go for the emulator. ;)

The development kit they sent you won't work until you update the software. (At least, that was the case in November.) Go here and get the latest software:

Good luck and have fun. It's a good little chip, and we're sell> Hello from the Eighth Doctor

the

family.

Reply to
Magnus McElroy

1406&dDocName=en010053

the

family.

were

Hello from the Eghth Doctor Thank you for your kind advice. However, I have the regular parts here, not the programming kit. Still for what I ordered the sample parts for, and what I've planned for that, I should think your right.

-- Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net "This signature isn't really here."

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor