DMA unit area

Hello every1, Can any one tell me as percentage of total area a very simple DMA unit might take on an embedded system. Some examples of such chips I believe are ARM 9, Motorola Mcore , IBM Cell. Any rough estimate or a reference would be highly appreciated.

thanks Sumesh

Reply to
sumesh

Your professor says to do your own homework (:

Stop and think about what a DMA controller needs:

A source address register A destination address register A transfer count register A status/command register

Random logic to gain control of the bus, do the transfer, stop the tranfer when the tranfer count register goes to zero and generate an interrupt.

Reply to
Jim Stewart