disk on chip 2000

hello how i can save 8mg data in disk onchip 2000?

i create student teria system i want save student info and student buy in DiskOnChip i use atmel mega64 and mega128 microcontroler and 4 comport for contactless reader and barcode reader and magnetic reader and connect to pc comport

thanks for help me sorry for bad english

Reply to
gbg

Hi

the problem with DOC is that they use an own interface for connecting. This means that you need hardware information about pinning and so on directly from M-Sys (producer of DOC).

In a project we planed to use the DOC placed on an own designed uControllerboard. After email contact M-Sys replyed that developper documentation only be given to companies that buy several thousands of DOC per year - we planed to produce approx. 200 boards...

OK the board now runs with a normal Flash...

regards Martin Kaul

Reply to
Martin Kaul

DOC is only really any use in a system where you want to load up an OS uisng a bootloader contained in the DOC, like Linux or WinCE. Your application will have a proprietry OS in the AVR so doesnt need these facilities.

Better to use a NAND flash for larger memory storage when using a microcontroller, I would consider an MMC card for an AVR since it has built in inteligence and you dont have to worry about sector writes and wear levelling etc.

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent Crabtree