disk drives: soft eject on macintosh verus hard eject on pc

was just looking at I/O products with floppy controller in them then
realized that these only could drive pc disk drives alone....I've kinda
always liked the ones the macs had.

are they a dead breed or for some mysterious reason there's still one
company selling them somewhere? hehe

god I hated the "please remove a disk and press any key" I sometimes get
on pcs when if I forgot I had left a disk in the drive when in
comparasion on the macintosh it seem to always eject them on its own
when going through shutdown.  call me biased toward the macintosh disk
drives that its no wonder the Swim series controllers are dead

oh and if anyone have never been around any beige macintoshes let me
answer one question you may have had, if the disk is inside the drive or
you put in a boot disk then realized you didn't want to use that, just
turn the system on with holding the mouse button down and eventually in
a moment it'll eject the disk.  so its not quite really trapping your
disks unless the drive itself was failing badly.  (but then there's
still that old paperclip-into-pinhole emergency eject trick if the
system is dead or you didn't want to use the computer but had a disk
inside it)

gee...interesting post I must had made, guess I'll have to see what
replies are like!

p.s=sorry if this maybe isn't related to embedded systems but still, no
flamings about that please :-)

Re: disk drives: soft eject on macintosh verus hard eject on pc
typo!! (sorry didn't see that)

when I said "no wonder the Swim series controllers are dead" I meant to
put a sad face at the end

Site Timeline